Marketers have misunderstood the distinction between google tag manager and google analytics. The term probably sounds similar, but google tag manager is a marketing tag manager, and google analytics is a tool for website analysis.
In this guide, let’s review both google solutions to clarify the uncertainty. We’ll uncover detailed information that might strengthen your marketing plan.
Table of content
- What is Google Tag Manager?
- Why was the Google tag manager established?
- Key features of Google Tag Manager
- Benefits of Google Tag Manager
- What is Google analytics?
- Functions with google analytics
- What does the Google Analytics tool do?
- What is the difference between google tag manager and google analytics?
What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager is also called GTM and is a web-based tag management platform created by Google. The term was introduced in 2012 to make the process of tag management easy and efficient.
Why was Google Tag Manager Established?
Marketers and developers want tag management that is simple, reliable, secure and integrates easily with existing payments. That’s what Google Tag Manager delivers.
Key Features of Google Tag Manager
Improve page load times by firing tags asynchronously across web and mobile web properties.
Consolidate and manage tags with powerful editing tools and user permissions, and add or edit with just a few clicks.
Simplify workflows and decrease speed to market by eliminating code changes with preview mode and debugging.
Benefits of Google Tag Manager
Ease of use and Efficiency
- With the help of Google Tag Manager, team members can add new tags quickly and easily.
- A team can test each change and deploy the GTM without the help of a developer.
- IT departments will also get time to focus on larger projects like improving the site as a whole.
- Event tracking involves code to the website to track visitor events like clicks, video engagement, and form submissions.
- Auto track feature eliminates the need to manually tag each link you want to track.
- You can easily target the links and standardize the naming structure of the website.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that helps you track and analyze your website traffic. It’s a free service offered by Google to give you insights into how visitors interact with your website.
With Google Analytics, you can measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns, understand user behavior on your site, and identify areas of improvement.
Functions with Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager allows you to install a basic implementation of google analytics via a google tag manager.
- You will get options, plus, the GTM is compatible with older onsite code for event tracking, page views, and many more.
- Team members can work on tedious tasks when they choose google tag manager.
What Does the Google Analytics Tool do?
Here are the key features of using google analytics tools in online business:
Google Analytics is a free analytics tool.
Analytics is a free tool provided by Google that helps you track your traffic and user behavior on your website.
It is a powerful tool that will help you track your goals and see which pages are working and which are not.
This will help you make changes to your website to make it more successful. It also gives you the opportunity to see if there are any issues with your site, such as broken links or pages that are not loading properly.
Google Analytics is a great tool to use to track your traffic and make adjustments to help make your site more successful.
It helps to Improve your Business ROI
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service provided by Google that tracks and reports website traffic, user behavior, and your site’s performance.
It’s a great way to understand how your users interact with your site or app, and it’s essential to understand your business’s digital presence.
Read More Blogs related to:- What is the Difference Between Performance Marketing and Digital Marketing?
What is the Difference Between Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics?
Did you know that google analytics and google tag manager are two different tools with distinct functions? Today, we will discuss the information that will help your business get better results.
Reports on Website Traffic
With the help of Google Analytics, you can see the following:
- How much money has your site made in the past few months?
- What are the most popular sections of your site?
- Which marketing channel generated the most leads for your website?
- What are the best-selling items or products at your store?
- How many people or customers abandoned the shopping carts?
Google Tag Manager does not give this type of knowledge. A tag management solution enables you to add, update, enable, deactivate, or delete tags from the site or application.
Google Tag Manager is a data management solution that enables the transfer of data from various sources.
Google Analytics, on the other hand, gathers numerous types of information about a website, activities, and devices.
With the help of google analytics, the data is stored on the company’s servers, and on the other hand, a google tag manager is devoid of data storage.
Google Tag Manager can handle one or more tags. The software does not have the ability to store, analyze or report traffic data.
On the other hand, google analytics is used to collect, evaluate, and monitor online traffic. However, the software is not capable of managing one or more tags.
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system that allows you to add and manage various tags (code snippets) to your website without having to edit the website code directly. Tags can be used for a variety of purposes, such as tracking user behavior, setting up conversion tracking, or integrating with third-party tools.
On the other hand, Google Analytics is a web analytics service that offers insights into your website traffic and user behavior. It allows you to track metrics such as page views, bounce rate, time on site, and conversion rates. You can also set up goals and track how users interact with your website, such as completing a purchase or filling out a form.
We should now be clear on the differences between google tag manager and google analytics and their benefits. Google analytics and google tag manager are two different tools available to digital marketers.
In summary, Google Tag Manager is a tool for managing and implementing various tags on your website, while Google Analytics is a tool for analyzing and understanding user behavior on your website. While both tools can be used together for website optimization, they serve different purposes and have different functionalities.
Also, read our top picks